Thursday, May 6, 2010

Fifteen minutes of....

Well it's not 15 minutes of fame, that's for sure.

But it was MORE than 15 minutes of writing.

I decided to try something a bit different this morning.

I woke up a little earlier and did the bike/train mini triathalon. That's riding my bike to the train station, hauling it onto the train, and then hopping onto the bike again for a trek to the office. It was relaxing. And it cleared my head.

After that I was more than ready to hang out at my favorite bagel joint for a bit. I whipped out the notebook and scribbled some gibberish for about 40 minutes. No editing; just kept pushing that pen. A few comments about people on the train. And a few more about some of my co-workers as they filed in for coffee before heading over to the post office.

I didn't make any progress on the romance novel or the short stories but I wrote ! I did it!

So that's cool.

Today's lesson: just keep moving that pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment