Sunday, May 9, 2010

I don't like Mondays

Every Sunday night I go through the same angst-ridden crap. The earlier I go to sleep, the closer Monday morning is. So I keep putting off going to bed and end up not getting enough sleep, which makes Monday even worse. Blah.

Instead of working on my stories today I spent tons of time on message boards. Most specifically hockey message boards. Not just on the game threads, but on the off-topic threads as well. In one of the threads a poster was discussing a bad break-up. A girl who just claimed to be falling for him (and yes he was falling for her) ditched him for her ex. Ooooh so very cruel. Other posters gave their comfort and support. One said to just move on, go out and look around because "the deal of a lifetime comes across once a week."

I really liked that. I posted that since tomorrow is Monday and the start of a new week, maybe I should be happy.
He posted that Mondays make up 1/7 of your life. If you hate Mondays that's 1/7 of your life. Yikes. And if you hate your work week that's 5/7 of your life. Gruesome.
That definitely puts a new spin on things.

So Monday is another day to conquer writer's block. Another day to log in at least 15 minutes. It doesn't have to be a bad thing.

So you never know what you'll learn on a hockey message board. Many thanks to Phanuthier on calgarypuck.com

No comments:

Post a Comment